The other day I updated to Windows version 1903. Things ran fine for a couple of days. Now when I turn on my PC my 2 monitors stay dark and nothing happens; I can see that the CPU cooler and GPU fans are running. LEDs are on too. Sometimes keyboard and mice don't light up.
GPU: GTX 1070
Motherboard: AsRock Z170M Extreme4
Dual monitor setup: 1 HDMI, the other mDP/DP.
Things I have tried
- looking in Event Viewer for any relevant information (nothing that I could identify)
- switching to motherboard output (HDMI) allows me to boot and I have visuals on one screen
- using this I was able to access the UEFI/BIOS screen:
- it says the PCIe slot that the GPU is physically plugged in is empty
- tried switching PCIe slot, same issue
- I cannot rollback the update because I deleted the Windows.old files
The weird thing is that initially, I tried restarting my PC several times and once or twice I was able to boot with my GPU, but only if the DP cable was unplugged. After another restart, I have been unable to replicate this.
I have not tried clearing the CMOS yet.