I've recently built a budget PC for my cousin and the parts are as follows:
- CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
- MB: Asus Prime B350-Plus
- CPU cooler: Cooler Master 212 Evo
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz (2× 4 GB)
- GPU: Asus 1060 6 GB OC edition
- PSU: EVGA 500
I assembled the PC and turned it on for the first time and I have no display output or mouse power. What's strange is that the RGB lights up on the keyboard; the mouse and keyboard definitely work as they work in my own PC.
Things I have tried:
- double and tripled checked all cables are seated correctly.
- doubled and tripled checked the CPU is seated correctly.
- waited 10-15 minutes for the first post as I've heard it can take a while on this mb with Ryzen.
booted with one stick of RAM in b2 (recommended in mb manual)
unplugged HDD and tried to boot
removed the Mb from the case and tried a bench set up test.
tried the GPU in both slots
I have a motherboard speaker and it doesn't beep at all
Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?