I'm new to SCCM and have been setting it up in a dev environment available to me. Every machine is virtual and is isolated on its own VLAN (servers and clients alike).
When I try to PXE boot any machine (BIOS or UEFI), initially the TFTP transfer seems to be going well, until usually a few seconds in when I get this error screen:
After some time looking at logs and confirming the server was finding a collection for the device in question, I ran a wireshark capture in case that showed anything. Each time the transfer fails, its on a different packet but they all have this one thing in common:
- The client sends two acknowledgements
- The server attempts to send the next packet
- An error is thrown to the client
- A number of acknowledgements are made for the new packet by the client that the server does not respond to.
- The client stops sending acknowledgements and shows the error screen I linked earlier
The following files are always successful: wdsnbp.com, pxeboot.com, bootmgr.exe, boot.bcd, wgl4_boot.ttf, boot.sdi. The error always occurs when transferring my actual boot.wim file, but only after quite a few packets were successfully sent/received.
Anyone have any thoughts on why I could be running into an issue like this?
SCCM Current Branch, Windows Server 2019.