I'm trying to setup WAN accessible RDP to a VM on my home LAN to no avail.
I can RDP from inside the LAN just fine, but not outside and I can't seem to debug.
Things I have done/tried:
- Changed Port to 55501 listening and port forwarding
- Tried forwarding public port 55501 to 3389
- Disabled Firewall
- Put host in DMZ
- Switched ports back to default (and disabled firewall and put host in DMZ)
I'm at a loss for what else to try and/or how to gather more information as to the issue. Is there a log I can view on the server or guest to see the issue and/or something else I can try?
PS: My Host OS is Windows 10 LTSC the remote guest is Windows 10 Enterprise
- I am able to see the port open via https://canyouseeme.org/, only when host is in the DMZ, but didn't work with just Port Forwarding.
- My router is a DD-WRT v3 Linksys EA6500
- I looked under Event Viewer and the only thing I could find was "Remote Desktop Server Host role not installed", but googling that came up with Windows Server & DC options, this is not a Domain Joined host and/or a Window Server OS so I wasn't sure how that would apply.
- Tried using a fresh install of Windows 10 PRO x64 made via Media Creation Tool and still didn't work, I am reaching the machine as I saw this in Event Viewer
Listener RDP-Tcp received a connection
- Going to try Windows 7 now, see if that fixes it.
Update3 (I'm already being attacked lol, forgot to shut down VM. I will work in securing setup once it works):
Here are my settings, going to try a bounty see if anybody has any solutions...
Windows Remote Settings: