I'm pretty much lost at the moment. I'm fairly new to Linux and Server Administration, so please don't kill me, if I missed obvious things (I'm sure I did)
situation is as follows:
- I'm trying to setup a Webserver (Apache 2.4 on Debian Buster/10) with different vHosts which have different directories.
- PHP (PHP 7.3) scripts in those directories should be executed by a certain user who differs from vHost to vHost
What I tried:
- setting up fastcgi through an old tutorial Debian-8 fastcgi vHost Php vHost Tutorial | which failed due to the fact that Debian Buster/10 doesn't have said module, now they seem to use fcgid, php-fpm worked, but PHP enviroment vars where still
Server API FPM/FastCGI USER www-data HOME /var/www
- then I tried a different Tutorial Apache Debian and fcgid in german which changed the enviroment vars of PHP to:
PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin(without SuexecUserGroup set)
PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin(with SuexecUserGroup set)
Server API CGI/FastCGI PHPRC /etc/php7.3/cgi PWD /var/www/domain_path
I'm not sure if that is what I want, 'cause the USER and HOME vars are gone and I'm not sure if all of the bin paths should be there except maybe /usr/local/bin?
- I also tried to use mpm-itk module mpm-itk tutorial but that didn't work at all (php file was not served at all), maybe a permission problem, but maybe it's not even what I want.
I'm really lost for now, because I can't figure out how to do this... maybe someone can point me in the right direction or explain where I'm f*in' up (besides lack of knowledge)
EDIT: One of the tutorials is in german