After I installed Windows 10 on my Sony Vaio SVS13A190X laptop it started freezing periodically. Usually it happens during installation of something i.e. when there is some heavy disk usage. I have scanned all my SSD disks and all of them looks good. Windows just freezes, UI stops responding, no BSOD. I have configured Windows to create a memory dump by pressing Ctrl+ScrLck+ScrLck and then created 2 memory dumps when I got 2 freezes. I'm newbie in windbg so just followed steps desribed in this post to see if it may lead to something. Obviously that wasn't enough for my case. I've created minidumps and sharing them here and here. I will appreciate any help with this.
- Install fresh copy of Windows 10
- Install version 1903 over it
- Update all drivers
- Using different tools in order to figure out the problem
- Scan all my SSD disks
- CPU stress test
- Memory test
My PC configuration:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-3520M
- RAM: 12GB
- Hybrid graphic with Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE
- 2x128GB SSD disks in RAID0 + 128GB SSD disk installed in optical drive slot
- Hyper-V enabled
My system freezes now every time I'm trying to install CUDA toolkit. The interesting thing is that it freezes while extracting data to temp folder. Every time on different stage of the process so I guess that something wrong with my SSDs which are in RAID0 configuration. Here are below screenshots of the CrystalDiskInfo output for all my disks: disk 1, disk 2 and disk 3.
I can usually reproduce the freeze when I:
- Install new software on PC (or update existing one)
- Run Docker containers (using Hyper-V)
Also sometimes I experience the issue that laptop doesn't wake up from sleep.