I have an Office 365 subscription, and I am having problems signing into the desktop software.
- When I click the "Sign In" button, I am prompted for my username.
- I enter my company email address, and click "Next".
- Normally, at this point, I would expect to see a password prompt, but the dialog just disappears. Essentially, it's as if I had hit the close button.
Here are some other observations:
- I first noticed this after I had moved my SSD from one laptop to another.
- If I go to the Account options in the Office application, it tells me the product is activated. Clicking "Manage Account" takes me to office.com, where I am signed in with my company Microsoft account.
- I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Office 365 applications multiple times.
- I have zero issues with any of the web based Office 365 apps, or logging into any Microsoft site.
- All desktop Office 365 applications seem to be affected.
- OneNote 2016 is affected.
- The "OneNote for Windows 10" application is NOT affected.
- The OneDrive desktop application is NOT affected.
- This could be related to swapping the SSD to a new laptop
- I have not tried re-building my local Windows profile (this is a huge pain due to all the software I have configured)... but I can if need be...
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!
Edit: More information. I re-built my Windows profile, and I am now getting an error stating "Your computer's Trusted Platform Module has malfunctioned. If this error persists, contact your system administrator with the error code 80090034.". I updated the BIOS, with no effect. (I did not see specific drivers for TPM)