When the power adapter of my HP ProBook 430 G2 notebook is plugged in, the caps lock and power buttons flash, no particular pattern just on/off on/off continually. There's no other signs of life, no fans spinning up , no output to the screen and no beep codes. When looking up what the flashing lights mean on the HP support site this combination isn't dealt with.
What I've tried and additional details:
- I'm in UK so power is 240v AC.
- Same result with the battery in or out and adapter plugged in.
- I've tested the output voltage from the adapter and it's 19v as expected.
- Same result if I plug adapter into a different wall socket with no intermediate power extension cables.
- The power adapter is rated for well over the 45w required.
- I've tried removing battery then holding power button down for 60 seconds and then reconnecting power with no result.
- I've also tried taking out the CMOS battery and reinstalling it.
- It wont power up on battery, I presume the battery is in need of charge.