I've encountered an issue with trying to use MS Access on Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 that happens whether I open Access itself or try to open an .accdb file.
This is the first time I've tried to run Access on this machine. I can run all other Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype for Business, even Visio). I can also open regedit.exe and make changes to it just fine, manually, in case that matters.
I'm running Office 365 version 1902 (Build 11328.20368) - initially deployed via SCCM, so everyone in my workplace is running this version (thus, updating to a new version or reverting to an old version won't be useful solutions as I'll quickly be returned to this version). Subsequent installs (see below) were done manually by me.
Things I've tried that have not worked:
- Turning the computer off, then back on again
- Starting MS Access in safe mode
- Doing a quick repair
- Doing a full online repair
- Uninstalling manually and reinstalling
- Removing Office via the MS Office Removal Tool and reinstalling
- Removing Office and unrelated Microsoft products like InfoPath, SharePoint Designer 2010/2013, and similar non-Microsoft tools that could perhaps cause a conflict of some kind.
I've never seen this error before, and the only web results I get are for old versions (circa 2010 or 2007) that essentially just say do a repair or uninstall/reinstall if the repair fails.
Is this perhaps an issue with my registry instead of Access? How can I fix this issue so that I can open Access again?