My laptop is an ASUS with two GPUs:
- (Integrated) Intel hd graphics 520. I think this manages the monitor.
- (Discrete) Nvidia geforce 940M. For games. Both have the latest drivers.
What happens is when I start a game, the screen dims and I am unable to increase the brightness. Some notes:
- The backlight keyboard also acts up. Turns itself on.
- It only occurs in fullscreen mode.
- I have "adaptive brightness" turned off in display settings (I have no adaptive brightness option in power options).
- Some people on other threads mention the "Intel Power Saving technology". I have no such setting in my Intel control panel.
Everything is absolutely fine outside programs. But only when I start games in fullscreen, this happens. It's quite annoying.
I think my issue is the same as this: Can't disable auto screen dimming on ASUS laptop Windows 10 However I do not see an option to turn off power saving tech in my control panel (Intel command center).