Microsoft Word 2019 for Mac works fine for me except with one document, in which I can never type more than a few keystrokes before Word crashes. I'm going bonkers trying to fix it, and I wonder whether anybody has any thoughts.
- Word 2019 for Mac Home Edition (so no Office 365 subscription).
- OS 10.14.6.
- The document is 362 pages long and 3.2 MB.
- I get a "Word hyphenation feature is not available" error whenever I open the document, but it's in Latin, so I'm not surprised.
- So far, I've tried the following:
- restarting Word
- restarting computer
- saving as a .doc file and then resaving as a .docx file (there are features in .docx that I need for the document, so just using the .doc file is a no-go)
- clearing Word cache
- copying everything in the document and pasting into a new document (size reduces to 471 KB, so there's SOMETHING screwed up with the original, but the new document crashes in the same way as the old one, so it's something IN ADDITION to whatever's causing the crash).
Can anybody think of anything else I can try? Not being able to edit this document is becoming increasingly problematic.