I am looking for a way to import/export all bookmark from the Chrome browser for use in Firefox, or potentially other browsers.
You don't need to install anything to export bookmarks from Chrome because exporting bookmarks functionality is built-in in Chrome. After the Chrome bookmarks have been exported to an HTML file, the bookmarks can be imported from the HTML file to Firefox, Safari, Opera or another web browser.
Export bookmarks from Chrome
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu ⋮
- Select Bookmarks -> Bookmark Manager.
- In the Bookmark Manager menu bar click Organize.
- From the dropdown menu select Export bookmarks to HTML file...
Import bookmarks to Firefox from HTML file
- Open Firefox.
- From the Firefox menu select Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks to open the Library window.
- From the toolbar in the Library window, click Import and Backup and from the dropdown menu choose Import Data from HTML...
- In the new Import Bookmarks File window that opens, browse to the location of the HTML file that you exported from Chrome.
- Click the Open button.
- To rearrange the order in which the bookmarks are displayed select Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks to open the Library window and drag the bookmark files and folders to their new positions.
Import bookmarks to Safari from HTML file *
- Open Safari.
- Locate your bookmarks file.
- Click File in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
- Select Import From, then click Bookmarks HTML File.
- Locate and select your bookmarks file.
- Click Import.
- Refresh your browser by pressing F5. Your bookmarks should now be under your URL bar.