Today I realized that I could not open firefox after I had closed it a few minutes before.
I deleted firefox and installed it again and still had the same issue.
Eventually I realized that when I close firefox that it doesn't show up on the screen but there would still be a background-process that shows up. If I would try to open firefox again it would tell me that firefox is still running and can therefore not be opened again.
Then I realized that it happens with other programs as well. Here are the steps I have tried to try to solve this issue:
- I restarted the pc several times
- I tried to restore the system to a backup from yesterday
- I tried to close the background-process through taskkill
- I tried closing the processes through the task-manager
- I disabled the kaspersky anti-virus
- I disabled Malwarebytes
None of this things worked. I then created a new user-account and with the new account I do not have this problem.
If I try the command:
taskkill /im firefox.exe /F it tells me, that the process could not be closed because there is no instance of this task currently being executed.
Does anybody have a suggestion on what else I could try?