Just got a weird error. I was sent an image on email, opened the email in Outlook (Office 365 version) and double clicked image to open. I got this error:
"Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer. Close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space (if it's almost full) and then try again."
- I've always used photo viewer on this laptop and not had an issue before. I restarted and tried to open the image again but no luck.
- The image is not corrupted. I saved to desktop, tried to open, same issue. I opened with Photoshop, that worked fine. I saved it down from PSD as a new JPG. The new JPG also displays the same message.
- Any image I've tried to open results in this error.
- The image is 200KB in size, res of 1428x2000.
- My laptop has 32GB of RAM, and currently using 8GB of that according to task manager.
What I've tried:
- This didn't work because when I get to colour management, I have no profiles set up so I can't delete.
I've seen this post: Windows Photo Viewer needs more ram?
- I have 2 video cards built in: standard Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 and an Nvidia Quadro M1000M. I've tried the resolution in the post (moving it to different monitors powered by different video card) and nothing changed.
Disk clean up. Had plenty of spare space anyway but nothing changed.
Specs: I'm running Windows 10 v1909 Build 18363.535 on a Lenovo P50 laptop with 32GB memory, 500GB storage (currently 192GB free), Intel Core i7-6700HQ .
Appreciate if anyone can help fix this. The new Microsoft Photos app is absolutely terrible and I will avoid it at all costs.