I try to rescue some data from my drive (with an NTFS partition), which out of sudden stopped working. Under Windows it doesn't mount properly into the system, causing a lot of hang-ups. I managed to mount it under tinycore Linux and was able to successfully list some of its directories. Listing some other directories caused I/O errors. So I decided to try
ddrescue to rescue some data or at least the partition table, to see the filenames. Currently, I call it using the command
ddrescue -a 100M /dev/sde seagate_disk.img seagate_disk.ddrlog. In the beginning, it looked kind of promising, with several days estimated execution time. But now it works very slow and I don't know if there is any parameter I can set to improve the runtime. I would accept a loss of accuracy.
GNU ddrescue 1.22 Press Ctrl-C to interrupt Initial status (read from mapfile) rescued: 482752 MB, tried: 46293 MB, bad-sector: 0 B, bad areas: 0 ipos: 532900 MB, non-trimmed: 47241 MB, current rate: 0 B/s opos: 532900 MB, non-scraped: 0 B, average rate: 34421 B/s non-tried: 1467 GB, bad-sector: 0 B, error rate: 21845 B/s rescued: 485663 MB, bad areas: 0, run time: 23h 29m 34s pct rescued: 24.27%, read errors: 14463, remaining time: n/a slow reads: 0, time since last successful read: 20m 25s Copying non-tried blocks... Pass 5 (forwards)
And here's how the mapfile looks like in
(higher resolution: https://i.snipboard.io/gZXqAU.jpg)