Sometimes, when I write a comment on Youtube for example, or searching something on Google, i don't realize that capslock is on.

While in the google case, it's not a big problem, in the youtube case it can get pretty annoying. I know that in word, you can press Shift + F3 to invert the uppercase and lowercase letters.

Is there a similar key combination in Windows 10, as I don't want to open word and change it, nor write the same comment again

  • You might be able to do this with a 3rd party application like Auto HotKey but it isn't available natively.
    – Burgi
    Jan 9, 2020 at 12:08
  • 1
    There's probably a plugin for your browser which lets you do this. A better workaround for your sanity is to disable Caps Lock.
    – tripleee
    Jan 9, 2020 at 12:15
  • if you want to disable capslock [which I do on all machines right from the outset ;) try wikihow.com/Disable-the-Capslock-Key-in-Windows
    – Tetsujin
    Jan 9, 2020 at 12:54
  • @tripleee While using SHIFT is faster to toggle uppercase, disabling Caps Lock altogether may imply to simply use all lowercase, and that's just bad all around due to being grammatically incorrect.
    – JW0914
    Jan 9, 2020 at 13:29
  • 1
    @JW0914 You're not serious, right? Just shift has been sufficient for me for almost 40 years.
    – tripleee
    Jan 9, 2020 at 13:33

1 Answer 1


No there is no Windows builtin function which enables this in any program.

In some application such functionality might be implemented, as you stated in Microsoft Word you can use Shift + F3.

You could maybe accomplish this system-wide using AutoHotkey

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .