My Windows 10 machine has several local user accounts. Each user has a home directory on a second drive -- each user's Documents library points there.
When I log in as User A and use the Windows search box, I see files belonging to all users, in all users' Documents libraries -- not just User A's files.
When I check on the permissions of the user directories, they appear to only be accessible to their owners, but any user can open any other user's files.
How do I set the permissions so that:
- Each user is denied access to other users' Documents directories.
- Search only shows results to which the user has access
Answers to Comments:
- I am not logged in as an admin
- The machine is not connected to a domain
- I created the new user directories (I:\users\UserA), set the sharing permissions so that only the designated user has access (I think) and updated each user's account so that their Documents library pointed to the appropriate directory. Thanks!