I need to convert a very large latex project (made up of many .tex and style files) into .html (or something similarly non-.pdf).
Can someone recommend a quality converter program?
Preferably, one that is:
- available on linux (specifically Ubuntu)
- actively maintained
If need be, I can accept converting tex or pdf to X to html too.
The following programs have failed to convert [nicely]:
For example, the
latex2html results are unreadable:
- Translating results in hundreds of errors of the type
Error while converting image
Error: Cannot read 'img69.png': No such file or directory Converting image #69 pstoimg: Error: Cannot find file "/tmp/l2h11170/image069.ps": No such file or directory
- The resulting html has no formatting (it doesn't seem to have respected styles from the
- All the crossreferences, images or diagrams result in broken links (not surprising, given the errors).
- It looks like headers have been replaced by TOC references (e.g. 13#13 instead of the proper wording)
I'm probably reaching here - hoping for a magic conversion. The document I have is hundreds of pages, and quite complicated. I don't know tex, but I would imagine this document is relatively standard compliant.