Here is the desired outcome:
- All email tasks completed in Gmail (never load Outlook.com)
- Email is on a custom domain e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emails are actually sent/received via Outlook's SMTP/IMAP servers
- Emails are properly authenticated (DKIM, SPF and TLS)
Is it possible?
Why? I pay for Office 365 (and hence its Outlook servers – being the reason for point 3). But I hate Outlook and Free Gmail is the client I want to use (being the reason for point 1).
However, sending with a custom domain in Free Gmail can lead to:
- Deliverability issues as not properly authenticated
- Often shows up for recipients as "sent by email@example.com on behalf of firstname.lastname@example.org"
So, is it possible to connect my custom domain to Office 365/Outlook to take advantage of professional email delivery, while still using Gmail entirely?