I grabbed a fresh FreeBSD 12.1 image from here: https://www.osboxes.org/freebsd/#freebsd-12-1-vmware. Login credentials for root and user are listed on the info tab there. I'm testing with the 64-bit VMDK and running on VirtualBox 6.0.18.
I also have the FreeBSD 12.1 guest VM configured with 2 Processors, 4 GB RAM, 128MB VRAM, VBoxSVGA Graphics Controller w/ 3D Accel on, 2 Virtual Displays. All of this is fairly standard with the exception of the VBoxSVGA controller, which by default for linux-based VMs is VMSVGA.
pkg install wayfire && pkg install emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions, the latter of which is not likely necessary.
Now follow the config directions from the wiki: https://github.com/WayfireWM/wayfire/wiki/General. This is likely where you hit the drm error.
startx. An XTerm or several should now be visible.
export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/tmp, and after that
wayfire should run.
Please note that I get a libEGL warning, in which glamor and dri3 are disabled in favor of the fallback sw and a solid black window.
Hi, @DurandA! I managed to build painlessly on Manjaro.
Host: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Windows 10 1909, 16GB RAM
Guest: VirtualBox 6.0.18, 2 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 128MB VRAM, VBoxSVGA Graphics Controller w/ 3D Accel on, 2 Virtual Displays.
Guest OS: https://manjaro.org/downloads/official/xfce/
- Mounted a blank dynamically-sized VMDK set to 100GB as the hard drive, and the Manjaro ISO as an optical disk.
- Boot the machine, it will default to the ISO since there is no GRUB on the VMDK, and install Manjaro COMPLETELY DEFAULT.
- Shut down the VM, un-mount the ISO.
- Start VM, should now boot into the Manjaro xfce desktop environment.
- Here, I let Manjaro do ALL the updates it wanted to automatically through the Pamac GUI (the default Manjaro Package Manager)
- Through Pamac, install
- Grab & run the Wayfire install script
git clone https://github.com/WayfireWM/wf-install && cd wf-install && ./install.sh
- Run Wayfire with
And that's currently where I'm at. Here's a screener: