I keep having a very unstable wifi connection. Would be very helpful if someone could point out the direction to look into.
Let me first explain my setup.
- Router/Modem from ISP. In bridge mode.
- Router 1, connected on LAN port from ISP Router/Modem, IP: 192.168.1.1, DHCP = ON (range 192.168.1.10 and upwards). Channel auto. This router is a dual band router, both frequencies have their own SSIDs.
- Netgear Switch (connected on LAN port from Router 1).
- Router 2, IP: 192.168.1.2, connected with switch through LAN port. Channel auto. DHCP = Off. Single band. different SSID again.
My internet speeds are very slow. Once I reboot Router 1 or the modem, it is fine for like 30 mins. After that I am on 1-10 Mbps.
What I tried so far:
Connecting directly though ethernet to Modem/Router from ISP: 250
Mbps stable Connecting to Router 1 directly though ethernet: 1-50 Mbps
- Connecting to Router 2 directly though ethernet: 1-5 Mbps.
- Connecting to switch though ethernet: 250Mbps
- Wifi Router 1: 1-50 Mbps.
- Wifi Router 2: 1-5 Mbps.
- Once I reboot router 1 or the ISP router/modem everything is on 200 Mbps or above (as it should be.
Is the switch inbetween router 1 and 2 maybe causing the issue?