I have installed VSCode on my Lenovo Yoga Chromebook and I am unable to use the mouse in the bottom right corner of the UI. The problem has persisted through restarts, toggling the Terminal window, switching to 2 column layout, and a VSCode upgrade. To clarify:
- I can move the cursor within the problem area with the arrow keys fine, and select text as normal.
- The problem spans different VSCode UI elements - text editor, terminal and notifications (i.e. I cannot dismiss plugin notifications, or enter the terminal via that part of the UI)
- The problem area does not coincide with the ChromeOS control panel.
- The problem does not occur in Chrome, or other programs on the Chromebook.
I installed VSCode via the .deb in the Linux terminal. The version info is below:
- Version: 1.43.2
- Commit: 0ba0ca52957102ca3527cf479571617f0de6ed50
- Date: 2020-03-24T07:52:11.516Z
- Electron: 7.1.11
- Chrome: 78.0.3904.130
- Node.js: 12.8.1
- V8: 7.8.279.23-electron.0
- OS: Linux x64 4.19.87-07826-g55ab70aff690
I have attached a screenshot showing what happens when I drag diagonally up from the bottom right corner of a file of
. characters, to illustrate.
Does anyone know how I might solve or debug this? We have a fair few of these Yoga chromebooks for our devs, and nobody else has reported this problem.