I have an old Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 SFF i3-4130 (Serial-No. S4C05873) with a Intel-Q85-chipset (Haswell).
- From the Lenovo-page I got some compatible products. Among them I found one module that has a different rank (2Rx8).
- There was also a module listed in the compatibilty list that is an ECC-module. I read that if many non-server mainboards accept also ECC-modules with the effect that error correction will not work. For me that would be ok as I do not use my PC as a server.
So can you tell if I can use:
- Server RAM in my PC and why?
- Buffered instead of unbuffered RAM and why?
- ECC instead of Non-ECC-modules and why?
- This Samsung M393B1K70DH0-YK0 module here as an example?