I have an 8-year-old machine that I'm transitioning from to a newer one. It has a Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 video card that provides 2 x DVI-1 (dual link) output ports and a round HD-TV port. I have a brand new Acer V277U which only has input ports for HDMI and Display Port. I'd like to use the new monitor with this card. I'd like to take advantage of its 2560 x 1440 resolution. What is the best deal for an adapter or adapting cable to make the connection. Thanks baumgrenze

  • HDMI and DVI are identical electrically; so buy a cheap passive adapter. Display Port and DVI are very different, you'd need an expensive active "adapter" (really a mini-computer).
    – dirkt
    Apr 19 '20 at 4:43

As @dirkt said in the comment, a DVI to HDMI adapter is your best option. They are very cheap... I had to get one for a similar reason recently.

This is the one I use:


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.