Running KDE Plasma on Arch Linux on VirtualBox.
The desktop is stuck in 800x600 resolution. If I try to set the resolution inside System Settings - Display Configuration, the window enlarges then snaps back to 800x600. I've verified that VirtualBox guest additions are setup and running.
I tried fiddling with VirtualBox's Display settings:
- Video Memory: 128 MB (max)
- VMSVGA w/o 3D Acceleration: stuck in 800x600.
- VMSVGA w/ 3D Acceleration: stuck in 800x600, fonts are messed up and unreadable.
- VBoxVGA: automatically enlarges screen (yay), but constant screen flickering and unusably slow.
- VboxSVGA: same as VBoxVGA
What should I do to be able to set the resolution of the VM?