- Bought Windows 10 Pro retail. It is a serial key.
- Activated it on a computer. About Windows said something like "activation is associated with a Microsoft account".
- Formatted that computer. And deleted that computer from my Microsoft account (I think deleting it was a bad mistake).
- Built a brand new computer with totally new parts.
- Had to call Microsoft to do a manual activation "move" due to the big hardware change, because their servers thought my old formatted computer was still using the key. And since I had deleted the computer from my MS account, it wasn't possible to automatically move the license without calling Microsoft.
- About Windows 10 on the new computer now says "is activated". Nothing about digital license or a Microsoft account...
How can I finally associate this license with my Microsoft Account so that I don't have to call Microsoft next time?
I hear that if you associate your key with a digital account, you will be able to click Troubleshoot and auto-move the license to new hardware next time. So I really want to register my key on my account.