Have a pretty modern, but already an old laptop. Some time ago it had Windows 10 x64, which I deleted. Then I installed Ubuntu 20.04.
Now I've deleted it as well and want to install Windows XP using USB, but it doesn't work at all!
And now for those who want to help me:
What did I do (on my host machine):
- Downloaded the ISO file from this site (that's the only ISO which was workable) (Windows XP x64 SP2) (also may be labeled as Windows XP (x64))
- Installed UltraISO
- Mounted the ISO into CD-diskdrive using UltraISO
- Inserted the USB-drive SiliconPower 8GB
- Opened WinSetupFromUsb
- Selected my USB
- Opened Bootice
- Opened Parts Manage
- Formatted the partition in FAT32 (important! When formatting in NTFS, BIOS don't see the USB)
- Left Parts Manage, Bootice
- Selected Windows 2000/XP/2003
- Selected my CD-diskdrive as the resource
- Clicked GO
- Waited until the end and removed the USB
- Inserted into the laptop (DIGMA)
- Opened BIOS (Aptio Setup Utility - Copyright (C) 2017 American Megatrends, Inc.)
- Selected Save & Exit
- Selected UEFI: UFD 2.0 Silicon-Power8G, Partition 1
It should've started the setup, but it only starts a black screen, then restarts. Tried to change priorities and set the USB at first, but it just comes to the next priority.
Main: BIOS Information BIOS Vendor American Megatrends System Serial Number Core Version 5.011 Compliancy UEFI 2.4; PI 1.3 Project Version it doesn't matter Build Date and Time it doesn't matter CPU Configuration Intel(R) ______________ Memory Information Total Memory 2048 MB (DDR3) GOP Information Intel(R) GOP Driver it doesn't matter TXE Information Sec RC Version it doesn't matter TXE FW Version it doesn't matter System Language [English] Options: English System Date date System Time time =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= Boot: Boot Configuration Setup Prompt Timeout  (You can select any in range 0-65535) Bootup NumLock State [Off] Options: Off, On Quiet Boot [Disabled] Options: Disabled, Enabled Fast Boot [Disabled] Options: Disabled, Enabled When selecting Enabled, these occur: VGA Support [EFI Driver] USB Support [Full Initial] Options: Disabled, Full Initial, Partial Initial PS2 Devices Support [Enabled] Options: Disabled, Enabled NetWork Stack Driver Support [Enabled] Options: Disabled, Enabled Boot Option Priorities Boot Option #1 [My USB] Boot Option #2 [Built-in EFI Shell] Boot Option #3 [ubuntu (didn't finish the deleting yet)] =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= Save & Exit: Save Changes and Exit Discard Changes and Exit Save Changes and Reset Discard Changes and Reset Save Options Save Changes Discard Changes Restore Defaults Save as User Defaults Restore User Defaults Boot Override UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell UEFI: UFD 2.0 Silicon-Power8G, Partition 1 ubuntu Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= Version 2.17.1249. Copyright (C) 2017 American Megatrends, Inc.