I have a Web Server running on my Computer. I can reach it through my LAN but not reachable from the Internet or WAN. Later I checked what was the issue and Found that my router's IP is a private IP address. So I guess my router is running behind another router or device which is blocking incoming traffic.

I need to tell that router to forward incoming traffic to my routers address. How do I solve this problem? (Is this called Double NAT?)

Thanks for your Help!

New contributor
Sadman Hasin is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering. Check out our Code of Conduct.
  • You need to ask the administrator of that router to forward incoming traffic. Depending on who that is, what you want might or might not be possible. – mtak Jun 30 at 8:24
  • 2
    Your ISP is likely using Carrier Grade NAT. Please read Alternatives to Port Forwarding & NAT: "There are four major problems that you may run into that would require alternatives to port forwarding. " ... – DavidPostill Jun 30 at 8:34

Your Answer

Sadman Hasin is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.