I'm using Boot Camp and trying to reuse my Apple Magic Keyboard. It works fine when connected via Lightning. But I can't get it to work via Bluetooth.
Is it paired and connected?
The most infuriating thing is, Bluetooth says it's connected. There's no mistaking it, it says "Vanessa's Keyboard" and then "Connected". I don't have any other Magic Keyboards around I could be mistaking it for. If I remove it, then pair it again, the pairing seems to work fine, and it again says "Connected", but the keyboard keys don't do anything. I pick a text box, type, and nothing happens. I press Caps Lock, hoping to see the light turn on, nothing happens.
Once, not sure how, I got it to type a little bit, and then got the Caps Lock light on. But it stopped working a few seconds later.
Other devices causing problems?
One possibility might be the sheer number of keyboards. I have:
- The laptop keyboard
- The Touch Bar, apparently counts separately
- This Magic Keyboard
- The Logitech Unifying Receiver (for my mouse)
- A Yubikey authentication device (when you touch it it spits out a token, then presses Enter)
I tried removing the external ones and rebooting, and there was no effect. So I don't think that's it.
Google hasn't done me any good, there are a million identical articles for how to pair this keyboard in Windows. Nothing for when it says it's connected but doesn't do anything.
Device Manager say anything?
No little yellow warnings. I see Vanessa's Keyboard under Bluetooth, and see "This device is working properly" in "Device status".
- Machine: MacBook Pro 15-inch 2017
- OS: Windows 10 Pro, version 2004
- Other OSes: Catalina (personal partition), Mojave (work partition)
- Keyboard: Apple Magic Keyboard model A1843