I have two computers that both have Office 2007 installed on them (an old machine, and a replacement).

How would I go about exporting the AutoCorrect entries on one machine and then importing them to another?

  • What version of Windows are they on? – OmidTahouri Jun 28 '10 at 17:27

I haven't tried this (sorry), but I am pretty sure it will work.

Copy the appropriate .acl file, from the existing machine, onto the replacement machine.

Found here (on Windows Vista): C:\Users\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\ or here (on Windows XP): C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\

The file you're looking for will have a name like MSO1234.acl. The 4 numbers refer to the language/locale code. Yours will most probably be either MSO2057.acl (for UK) or MSO1033.acl (for USA). Also, it's likely to be the one with the largest file size.

I recommend making sure all instances of Microsoft Office programs are closed before you make this change.

This will most likely replace the existing AutoCorrect entries saved on the second machine.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.