Recently, my PC with a Gigabyte motherboard and a 1 month old WD Blue HDD, ran into the following issue:
The problem is that I'm not able to access the Windows 10 repair option via the USB or DVD drive.
I've done the following:
- Accessed the hard disk via Ubuntu Live CD and I can access the files. Also run the SMART check(without any errors).
- Updated the BIOS
- Tried booting with an old spare HDD and its booting fine.
- Loaded the default config of BIOS
Still, I'm not able to access the Windows repair option in my 1 month old HDD.
- Is it a hardware problem with the motherboard or with the HDD?
- Is there any way to remove the Windows 10 boot-loader and re-install it than the usual route?
Thanks in advance.