SSD 1: Windows 10
- Partition A: Elementary OS (EOS)
- Partition B: "DATA", formated as exFAT
I use DATA for some work related stuff under EOS. Worked like a charm. Logged into Windows, accessed DATA from there. Now I have an issue under EOS: via file-explorer I can mount DATA and see the stored folders, but all folders are displayed empty. The volume shows the free storage correctly. When using bash, DATA is mounted under
/media/joba2ca/DATA and I can access the folders. But when I
/media/joba2ca/DATA/workfolder, I get an error that "folder '.' is currently being accessed: I/O error" (translated from German). There is another non-work folder on DATA,
/media/joba2ca/DATA/nonworkfolder, that I can access without any issues. I would like to access the work-related data again.
Troubleshooting so far
Seems to be related to Windows 10 hibernation stuff and not properly unmounting. Therefore I...
- "unshared" one of the folders under Windows 10 that I previously shared while troubleshooting (don't judge me)
- changed W10 energy options to disable fastboot and hibernation
- unmounted drive via (a) disk management tool (b) command line with
mountvol D: /P(D: was mountpoint of DATA)