A single Windows 10 machine on our small office network will not connect to the internet or LAN when connected via a switch. It fails to see any network activity and reports there's no connection. This is a new(ish) PC that's worked perfectly for a month, then suddenly no longer connects. Nothing else has changed in that time.
[Router] | [Switch] ______________|________________ | | | | | | [PC] Printers Other PC's
However, when connected directly to the router it works perfectly:
┌---------- [Router] | | | [Switch] | _____|________________ | | | | | | [PC] Printers Other PC's
I've tried the following things over the last few days based on internet searches:
- Reset the network setting using the Windows troubleshooter. The network icon in system tray shows a connection for a few seconds, then back to no connection. During that time a browser still cannot connect.
- Changed the ethernet cables
- Swapped the switch
- Activated wi-fi in the BIOS and used that - connects perfectly but is against company rules
- Swapped out the machine with a laptop, which works perfectly - this leads me to blame the machine
- Tried a different switch port
I've run out of things to try (my network experience is minimal) now. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
The specifications for each machine: