Here is my system setup:
- ASUS ROG G752VSK with NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 Mobile with driver : nvidia-driver-455 - third-party free recommended (installed from ubuntu nvidia ppa for beta drivers (cause the nvidia driver needs to be updated to work with 2 monitors (otherwise it looses its configuration every boot))
- RAIDSONIC IB-DK2242AC (DisplayLink/Multiport (Audio, Ethernet, 2 Displayports, USB 3.0 etc)
- DIGITUS DA-70863 docking station (small issues with ASUS)
- HP Thunderbolt G2 docking station (works only completely with ZBook after a lot of configuration in BIOS (no real support from HP, tested it out myself)
- HP Envy 13 Book
- HP ZBook G5
I would like to find the right configuration for a docking station to work with all 3 laptops.
The best solution to me would be if the external hardware is recognized right after power up. I did find a solution for me, but only after booting OS (Win 10/Ubuntu 20.04 both 64 bit). So if any one has a better solution, please feel free to answer or comment on question or (my own) answer!
I will focus my question on the ASUS ROG G752VSK, because it is causing most trouble as described:
- ASUS Laptop boots up, and is available on the internal monitor and internal keyboard/touchpad.
- After physically reconnect the RaidSonic hub into the USB 3.1/Thunderbolt plug, all external devices like monitors and usb are detected (mouse/keyboard ready)
- Monitors could be configured when having installed at least nvidia-driver-455 third party free from the
I want to boot with closed lid of laptop directly to Ubuntu 20.04 login screen with my 2 external full HD Monitors and my USB mouse and keyboard connected, as well as my USB flash drive.