How can I make and upload a torrent file?
uTorrent has a detailed explanation including every detail you should know to create and upload a torrent:
I'd like to point out the things you must consider beforehand:
Things to consider before making a torrent
- Before you make a torrent, it would be wise to pick a site and review its policies and rules, which can be found in their FAQ section.
- Your site of choice may have restrictions about content; some do not allow porn, some specialize in specific type of content (such as music, or anime).
- Your site of choice may also have some specific requirements about content and demand that you add some extras to your torrent such as signature files and ads.
- Some public sites require registration for uploading; all private sites do.
- It is important to consider the size of your content for two reasons: first, not everyone has sufficient disk space for very large torrents; and second, larger torrents require longer seeding times. In such cases consider making multiple torrents based on some practical partition such as years, season, parts.
- Before making your torrent, select your content's location carefully as it will have to remain there (during initial seeding at least).
- The files in your content must not be modified after you have made the torrent, as this would cause corruption in the torrent.
- Make sure the files are not in use while you make the torrent.
- There is no need to compress multiple files into one archive. Many torrenters find it annoying. It also requires twice the space: once for the original and once for the archive.
- You may wish to make a torrent for exclusive distribution among friends and family. In such case, you may choose to distribute your torrent in some other manner.
TorrentFreak: How to create a Torrent explains this in detail.
If you want to put your torrent online, go to the website and look for a place to upload the .torrent.
- First click on File. (in BitTorrent).
- Click on Create New Torrent.
- If you want to add a file, click on Add file and add the file you want. Clicking on add file will attach a single file.
- If You want to attach a folder, click on Add Directory.
- Note down the Trackers. You may need it.
- Click on Create and save as...
A torrent file will be saved. Open it and it will be uploaded.