I have 500mbps internet connection from Spectrum. Their modem goes to a wireless router which has 4 ethernet output ports. From those I go to an unmanaged switch, where I connect to my pc and get the full 500mbps.
However, from the switch, I connected to an access point in 2 different rooms and only get 80mbps. For testing purposes, I've replaced the switch and the access point and got the same result.
From the switch, using the same ethernet cable that I used to test the AP, I get the the full 500mbps on my laptop.
Bypassing the switch completely, connecting either AP tested to one of the ports on the wireless router, I get the full 500mbps. So something happens only to the wireless connection after the switch, not to the wired connection. I've used the Wi-Fi analyzer app and connected to all the best suggested channels, but this is where my knowledge of this ends and I could use some help. I've also updated the firmware where available, tried different ports and different cables.
The items are:
TP-Link TL-SG108 | 8 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Network Switch
Wavlink WL-WN575A3 (AP)
Spectrum Wifi router Wave 2 Router Model RAC2V1S
Spectrum D3.1 eMTA DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem