I'm experiencing a strange problem with Outlook 2019. When viewing a message it only shows the first line. On an HTML message, it stops at the first close paragraph tag. On a plaintext message, it stops at the first newline character. This is true if viewing a message in the reading pane as well as if double-clicking the message to open in its own window.
I have the preview pane set to show 3 lines and it does show more of the message so it seems like Outlook can see more of the message than it's rendering in the reading pane. If I use View Source, the underlying data seems fine and the whole message is there.
I've tried the following:
- Deleting and re-creating the user's mail profile
- Uninstalling & re-installing Office
- Creating a new Windows account & connecting Outlook to a different Exchange account than the one that originally exhibited the problem
- Checked for Windows updates
- Checked for Office updates
Any ideas what might be causing this? I feel like I've tried everything obvious & I'm striking out on Google.