I am running Kali in VirtualBox (using a pre-made Kali VDI found on their website) on a Windows 10 host on my Dell XPS 13. Everything on the desktop is really tiny: the icons, the font, etc. I'm not sure how to increase the size given the confusing combination of settings:
- VirtualBox resolution/scale setting for the VM
- Kali resolution/scale setting
- Windows 10 high DPI settings
I've changed the VirtualBox resolution, but that just makes the window larger/smaller. Are there common pitfalls about guest OS resolution?
- I should specify that guest additions were installed prior to writing this post via VirtualBox's "install guest additions CD" feature. I am able to full-screen the VM, but the UI is still very tiny. By contrast, when I plug it into an external monitor the UI is much more readable.
- I also changed the EXE properties to override high DPI behavior to use the application's scaling settings.