I'm trying to install Solaris 10to a computer without an optical CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive.
Here is what I have now:
- Solaris 10 ISO got from the sun site (grub installed).
- A running ArchLinux x86_64 installation.
- A running Windows 7 x86 installation with Cygwin (Though I guess it may be not that useful?)
And here is what I have tried but failed:
- unetbootin (a tool that write Linux ISO’s to a USB flash drive, Solaris is not on its support list). After boot from the USB drive, I got some “corrupted kernel” error from the GRUB.
- Manually extract files from ISO to vfat-formatted USB flash disk, and try to install GRUB (0.97) on it under Linux. But GRUB says some “bad stage1/stage2” stuff.
Did someone succeed such thing? I mean, write the content of ISO to USB disk, and install Solaris using it.
Hints/tips/advices are also welcome.