I have the GS108 Netgear 8 port Gigabit network switch and the WRN2000v2 Netgear wireless router. The problem I am having is that anything conneted through the Gigabit switch is not being assigned an IP address through DHCP. If I connect directly to the router it will assign an IP. I originally had a Linksys Wireless G router that used these same switches, but recently swapped it out, since I was having problems with the wireless. I decided to go with the Netgear since I had been pleased with the Gigabit switch I had purchased, and figured it would be the least headache to swap in.
So here is what I know:
- the lights between the router and the gigabit switch indicate a 100MB connection (1 light)
- the lights between the laptop and the gigabit switch indicate a gigabit connection (2 lights)
- Tried assigning a static ip to the laptop, and that did not work either
- Swapped out cables, still no change
- Connected laptop wired directly to the router(it assigns the ip address)
- Connected laptop to gigabit switch that is connected to the router(it does not assign an ip address)
- Double checked the router configuration page, and DHCP is turned on
So I figure I am missing something, and hope someone could point me in the right direction.