My Windows10 PC has no ethernet network connection since yesterday. The port is part of the ASUS X570 motherboard. In 'View Hardware and Connection Properties':
- Ethernet: Status is Not Present, Connectivity is Disconnected.
- vEthernet Status is Operational and Connectivity is Disconnected.
Ethernet adapter isn't present in Device Manager.
- Reset router/modem
- Tried different ethernet ports on the router
- Changed the ethernet cable
- Network Troubleshooter comes up with no results.
- Tried reinitializing all network states as suggested below.
- Windows Network Reset
- LAN Controller in BIOS is on
- Delete vEthernet Adapter in Device Manager
- Green ethernet port LED is on when cable is plugged in, orange LED is flashing
- Reinstall drivers
The same router is connecting successfully to an RPi4 via ethernet, and wifi works for my MacOS laptop and Android phone.
I'm wondering if this is a firewall or network setup issue. If so, what are steps I could take to troubleshoot? I had previously messed around quite a bit with my ports and firewall settings.