How to enable spell check in CryptPad
If you do not see any red text-correction in CryptPad, follow this:
- Click on your user icon on the top-right corner of the page and select Settings.
- You may see a warning message asking to "enable popups". Say Yes (since it's not spam but just your settings page)
- On the Settings page, click on Rich Text (from the left sidebar)
NOTE: This page can be found also visiting an URL like
Now click on this checkbox called "Enable spell check in rich text pads".
Done! Now reload your pad.
How to customize spell check in CryptPad
CTRL key on your keyboard (or the
Meta key, or
Cmd key in other environments) and then do a right-click on a word.
If you do that, the native spell check system in your browser-web should appear:
You can for example:
- add a word to your dictionary
- change language
- deactivate or re-activate spell check
Note: if your language is not available, probably you have not the right dictionary installed on your computer. Search stuff like "how to install dictionary in Mozilla Firefox" or Chromium or whatever is your browser-web.