I had the following symptoms: A new Logitech Wireless Mouse with a Unifying Receiver Dongle would not work. The Task Manager would report an undetected Device in the „USB-Controller“ section. Uninstalling that device or using different USB-ports would not work.
Follow this sequence:
- Uninstall the device from the Device manager.
- Install the latest Logitech SetPoint Software from their website.
- Detach all other Logitech Mice from the system.
- Quit the SetPoint Application (right-click on the logo in the system tray)
- Start SetPoint (Start -> Logitech -> Mouse & Keyboard Settings) with right click -> Start as Administrator)
- Now, insert the Unifying receiver. The driver will automatically be installed.