I encountered a weird issue.
When I copy some cells and paste them in excel it works.
Normally, when I then copy some text from a web page or any other program after having copied cells from excel, the cells that were copied are deselected automatically and am able to paste the content into excel.
However, at the moment I have the following behavior:
- Copy a cell and paste it into some other cell.
- Go to a website and copy some text
- Go back to excel and want to paste that text
- Instead of pasting the copied text from the website it pastes the previously copied cells (cells should have been deselected when using the copy command, but for some reason, they still seem to be copied within excel).
- However, when pasting it into the notepad, for example, it pastes the text from the website. Did anyone encounter this problem before?
The only workaround is to hit ESC every time. But that is not how it normally works. I'm always going back and forward and losing time and my mind because I am not used for it to working like this
Thanks for any suggestions.