I sometimes have to battle with the format of bulleted lists inside a note in Evernote. In this case, the native Mac OS X client (v1.10.1) died as I was editing the bulleted list in the note. When I tried to relaunch, it crashed and this continued on every subsequent relaunch. The problem is explained in this post (complicated markup crashing the Evernote client when Apple's XML libraries are trying to process it), but how do I solve it?
These instructions were supplied to me the same day I sent a support inquiry to Evernote tech support
- From the web, find the problematic note. Delete it and then empty it from the Trash so that it is permanently removed from your account. (If you want to keep the contents of this note, you may want to copy and paste it into a word processor first.)
- Quit Evernote from the elephant icon in the menu bar.
- In the finder, open the "Library" folder in your home directory. (This is in the directory with your name, NOT at the top level of your hard drive.)
- Navigate to "Application Support"
- Move the "Evernote" folder from that location to a different place (like the desktop)
- Start Evernote, provide your username and password again if needed
- This will synchronize all of your notes from the service and create a new local database.