I booted into a Windows 10 installation that hadn't been used for a year and immediatly noticed Microsoft account login did not work. I could not log in in the Xbox app, I couldn't log in in settings or add another user. When clicking log in or manage account or something that should open the login popup it shows a loading thing and then just closes which is behaviour I have seen before in UWP apps.
I then figured it might work on another user, so I created a local user account and tried to run the sign in on there. Not surprised to see it work there. I attempted the SFC and DISM, WSReset and renamed the data folders for the AccountControl app and the communication apps using iObit Unlocker under the %localappdata%\Packages folder since that often helps with apps that launch and crash due to a permissions issue or something. I noticed some other apps seemed to crash upon first launch too but worked second launch which also leads me to believe there's something wrong with some system apps data in the packages folder.