I have a Dell Latitude D410. Running Windows XP. I am receiving the STOP: 0x000000ED (0X899CF030,0XC0000185,0X00000000,0X00000000) blue screen.
Initially, I tried everything specified with the Microsoft KB articles. At this time, I was able to boot into the general safemode. I pulled the hard drive and was able to run chkdsk on it – it noted that it had fixed some errors, but I was still unable to boot.
I put a brand new hard drive into the laptop. Windows XP installation worked up until the reboot, at which time the exact same error message came back up.
What I have tried (all since the new hard drive was installed):
- chkdsk /R
- All suggested solutions in Microsoft KB articles
- Reseating RAM
- Opened laptop, reseated all connectors, looked for signs of damage (saw none)
- Reset BIOS options to default
- Ran the basic Dell diagnostics
- Ran MEMTEST86+ V4.10 for 15 passes (overnight). 0 Errors
I have looked at the current entry: How can I boot XP after receiving stop error 0x000000ED - I am currently in the process of downloading the Ultimate Boot CD to use as a test, but I am not holding out a lot of hope as I really doubt this brand new hard drive is bad.
Can anyone think of other areas I am missing?