You can maximize a window in Windows 7 using the Win+ keystroke. You can also maximize the window along the vertical by double-clicking the upper or lower bits of the window chrome of a "normal" window. But is there a keystroke to achieve the vertical maximize?


Win + Shift + Up

The whole list of Windows keyboard shortcuts.


The official and complete list of Windows shortcuts can be found on the Microsoft support page. Alas, for what it excels at in information, it lacks in SEO.

So yeah, Win + Shift + , but possibly so much more!

Enjoy responsibly!

  • 1
    Why did you duplicate previous answer?
    – Toto
    Mar 6 '18 at 10:22
  • The point of my answer was to point to the complete & official list of Windows keyboard shortcut. The link in the voted answer is on a site that's no longer available and, having read it a couple of months ago, it's rather incomplete as far as Windows 10 goes. Mar 7 '18 at 10:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.