I'm using Excel 2000. I have a spreadsheet document that covers several pages when printed. I am able to add page numbers and basic text to the header (and footer) of the printed sheets, but I would really like to add an image to the header in addition to the basic text. Is there a way to do it?
Microsoft Excel does not provide this for custom headers or footers in Excel 2000. A workaround is also given on that page.
Here is a workaround given on ExcelTip.com.
To add a picture (such as a company logo) to the header/ footer in Excel 97 and Excel 2000:
- Select cell A1.
- From the Insert menu, select Picture, and then select From File.
- Select the picture you want, and click Insert.
- Adjust the picture to the height and width of the row.
- From the File menu, select Page Setup.
- Select the Sheet tab.
- Select Rows to repeat at top.
- Select row 1, and then click OK.