I just installed Google Chrome on my Mac at work, and used it for browsing the entire day. Among other things I went looking for an adblocker, which I found. When I got back home and did the same search, the links for that adblocker were styled as visited, even though I hadn't searched for it at home before. Does Google Chrome sync history between computers without even asking? I checked the preferences but sync is not set up on my home or my work computer.
If you access your Gmail on any browser and on any computer even if you choose "Go Incognito" Google recognises that appliance the next time it is used for a search and logs it in IT'S History datum under your info mostly for targeting ads.
So far so good because who cares what Google keep on their files.
Here's where it goes wrong.
- You have a Gmail account at work.
- You decide to access your emails at home.
- Your husband hops on that same computer and searches "porn"
- Your work IT guys now have access to all your husbands search history.
- You find out and want to delete it from your companies Google account.
You can't because it will just say you don't have access.